A quick update since I have so little time these days …
1. Book due Oct 15, just a little over two weeks from now. I’m a little behind, and don’t anticipate this will be my final draft, but I’m very close to being on schedule and do plan to finish this draft on time. After that, I think it will need a little more work before I send it out. Haven’t come up with a plan for the next step yet.
2. Went to Sweet Dreams this weekend and it was SO NICE not to do any work for a change! (Although there is still more work to do). We even hired the cleaning service that the management company uses, so we didn’t have to spend Sunday afternoon scrubbing bathrooms and washing sheets. The weather has been amazing this entire month and we finally went on a hike with Shea yesterday. It was SO SO good to get out and get some fresh air. I’m really burned out on working all the time.
3. Upon returning from the river, I left my keys in the glove box and Martin took his to work, so I was trapped at home today. I had planned to run a couple errands and then take Shea to get a nine-month picture taken (Mondays are my only days completely free to do things like that), but instead we read books and played at home and then went for a walk and played for a long time on the swings and in the sandbox at the park and it was REALLY FUN. Staying at home all day with Shea was way more relaxing than my usual schedule of taking care of him AND running errands AND going to the city to write AND tutoring at night, etc. etc. Way more fun, too!
4. Need to do my taxes in the next week. Almost done adding receipts, but haven’t started the taxes yet. That’s my goal for this weekend. They’re due the same day as my book.
5. There’s so much going on this month with Litquake starting next weekend. The Grotto has two Litquake events – one Oct. 4 and one Oct. 11, and I plan to attend both, although I won’t be reading this year because I completely missed the e-mail asking for readers. Oh well. It’s been a crazy year.
6. Watching Heroes and anxious to watch Dexter. Still have a few episodes of Galactica, too, but haven’t had time to watch much TV lately (besides Heroes and the debates last week.) OH my OH my I just realized today is Monday again and Heroes is on in 21 minutes! I have to go and eat dinner quickly so I can watch it. I’m so lost because I didn’t watch the recap of the previous season. I love that Marlo from The Wire is on it this season, though. And I like speedster girl, too.
7. Speaking of the debates. My reaction: Zzzzzzzz … Hilary would have done so much better against McCain. I like Obama a lot, but he’s a weak debater. Zzzzzz …