I’ve been trudging along very slowly on my book these past two weeks. Last week I wrote almost nothing at all. I spent most of my nanny time doing other things, like paying bills and doing laundry. I needed to do some things for myself – go running, do yoga and read. I’ve been doing those three things and it feels good, but I’m also anxious to get back to work. Yesterday and today I tried gluing myself to the chair, turning off e-mail and doing nothing but writing for three straight hours. Yesterday I lasted 37 minutes. Today I didn’t even last that long. I feel a weird sense of calm mixed with an overwhelming sense of having TOO MUCH TO DO. I feel behind on everything and yet know that none of those things are urgent. Here’s my list of things I’ve behind on:
1. Reading the baby sign book
2. Writing in Shea’s baby book
3. Organizing vacation photos
4. Writing thank you cards
6. Reading (and yet I’m reading more than I’m doing a lot of other things right now)
7. Revising chapters
8. Going to Brushstrokes to finish the plaques of Shea’s foot prints that I started two months ago
9. A bunch of other “busy” things, like balancing checkbook, ordering light-blocking shades, buying a neck brace, changing doctor appt, changing long distance phone plan, etc, etc.
Okay, so what HAVE I been doing?
1. Attempting to write
2. Reading Stumbling on Happiness
3. Laundry, dishes, general house stuff
4. Taking care of Shea
5. Buying and making my own baby food – zucchini, yams, applesauce with cinnamon, soy beans, tofu, mango, peaches, etc.
6. Running, yoga
7. Some tutoring
8. Some errands
9. Some childproofing
I’m tired just thinking about it all.