Already a lady’s man—Shea with the girls, Wendy and Emilia
So busy lately! Super quick update:
1. I wrote two nonfiction stories for an online writing contest. They’re both posted under Bustopher here. Password is truelife and you can register and vote. There are just three days left!
2. Will NOT make my dream goal of finishing my book by end of June. Aiming for end of August now. Still have 200 pages left to revise and got really sidetracked by the contest and other things.
1. We went camping last weekend! Just for one night. Had a lot of fun. Was easier than I expected, especially with a big group (There were five couples and five babies, all from my moms’ group). We bought a huge tent, big enough to put the Pac n Play in, and we all slept just fine. We made Smores, we played games, we drank wine, we went for hikes (see pic above).
2. Shea started sleeping 10-11 hours straight this week! For two months I tried to get him to skip his 4 a.m. feeding and it wasn’t working. At his six-month appt, the doctor said to try skipping midnight instead, even though it’s less convenient for us. I did and now he’s sleeping until 6 or 7 a.m. and then going back to sleep until 9. Hallelujah!
3. Shea is almost sitting, but not quite. He can’t crawl yet, but rolls like crazy. His two bottom teeth are coming in. He’s a great swimmer, and he’s eating all kinds of solid foods now.
We’re headed off to Detroit tomorrow for a nine-day reunion with my family. Almost everyone will be there, so it’s going to be a busy, crazy time. We’re taking a red-eye tomorrow night and I’m trying not to get stressed out about flying with a six-month old. I don’t expect to get much (if any) sleep. I made a packing list today and have done about five loads of laundry. I plan to pack everything tomorrow and buy diapers, wipes, formula, cereal and baby food when I get there. Should be fun!